The Top Website Usability Tools List
Website usability is vital for SEO and for converting visitors into customers. It’s not enough to rely on your own feelings about the website you need unbiased input into the various usability elements of your website.
To help you with this here’s our Top Website Usability Tools List:
- Google PageSpeed – The great google has its very own page speed analyzer. You owe it to yourself to see what Google has to say about your website page speed and any issues you may have.
- GTMetrix – a fantastic free tool that assesses the causes of site slowdowns. It’s very good at showing the breakdown of elements on your website and their load time.
- Pingdom – an online URL analyzer tests page load time and discovers bottlenecks that you can eliminate to speed up your site.
- CrazyEgg – Provides reports on what people do on your web pages. Where they scroll, where their cursor goes, what they click on.
- ClickHeat – similar to crazyegg, except its a server side app that you need to install to understand what users do on your webpages.
Usability Testing Tools/Services:
- Optimizely – This A/B testing platform is known to be quite user-friendly, allowing it’s users to track visits as well as conversions.
- What Users Do – An online user research service that tests various assets, including your website, prototype, or app. You can task what you want users to perform, select test subjects from a pool of prospective users, and receive a video of users performing the task.
- User Testing – An online service that provides recordings of real people using your website and includes their commentary.
Interested in auditing the usability of your website, but don’t want to do the work yourself? We can help. Book a complimentary discovery call to discuss your project by clicking here.