Many businesses struggle to know what their current marketing agency is actually doing and how those activities are effecting their online presence. We hear your pain and seek to bring the fresh air of transparent reporting to our clients. To get a taste of the quality of reporting we provide and insights into how your marketing is performing today try out our Free Local SEO Report and Scanner.
Things you should know about the report you’ll receive. This is a high-level Free Local SEO Report, we also offer much deeper online audits through our Total Online Presence Audit, but this free report will provide initial insights and help inform you whether you should pursue a deeper audit and consider switching marketing agencies.
Glossary of Terms:
Not everybody is familiar with digital marketing and SEO terms, this list will help you better understand the data you’re seeing in your report.
- Domain Authority (DA): A search engine ranking score developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engine result pages (SERPs). Domain Authority is calculated by evaluating multiple factors, including linking root domains and the number of total links, into a single DA score.
- Keywords: Your SEO keywords are the keywords and phrases in your web content that make it possible for people to find your site via search engines. A website that is well optimized for search engines “speaks the same language” as its potential visitor base with keywords for SEO that help connect searchers to the site.
- Ludo CID: Unique identifier that Google attaches to each business within Google My Business, that we use in the BrightLocal back end. It enables us to narrow down the search results, which allows us to perform more accurate rank tracking.
- NAP: Name, Address, and Phone number.
- Paid Search: Any form of online marketing that involves a direct payment to an advertiser or another body for the promotion of a business online, including PPC (Pay Per Click), classified ads, banner ads, and more.
- SaaS: ‘Software as a Service’ is a software distribution model in which a third-party provider hosts applications and makes them available to customers over the internet. SaaS is one of the three main categories of cloud computing, alongside infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS).
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization
- SERP: Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) are the pages displayed by search engines in response to a query by a searcher. The main component of the SERP is the listing of results that are returned by the search engine in response to a keyword query, although the pages may also contain other results such as advertisements.
- SMB: A small to medium-sized business
- Top Keywords: The most common keywords used on your website. This is useful for ensuring that your site is truly focused on the right keywords so it’s clear to Google what you offer and where you’re located.
- URL: A Uniform Resource Locator (URL), colloquially termed a web address, is a reference to a web resource that specifies its location on a computer network and a mechanism for retrieving it. A URL is a specific type of Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), although many people use the two terms interchangeably.
- Web Crawler: A crawler is a program that visits websites and reads their pages and other information in order to create entries for a search engine index. The major search engines on the web all have such a program, which is also known as a “spider” or a “bot.”
- WL/White-labeling: ‘White-label’ refers to a product or service that is purchased by a reseller who rebrands the product or service to give the impression that the new owner created it. The producers can increase sales by allowing another company to sell a white-labeled version of their product or service.
- Ranking Run/Ad hoc report: A one-off ranking report which you can save to your account that will not automatically update each week or month.
- Ranking Report/Local Search Ranking Report/ Local Search Rank Checker/Rank Checker/LSRC: Monitor your organic, mobile, and local search rankings, and react quickly to any changes. Track organic, mobile, and maps rankings on Google, Google Maps, Yahoo, Yahoo local, Bing, and Bing Local. See local search results from any location and benchmark your progress against your main competitors.
- Scheduled Report: A report which you can save to your account and set to automatically update every week or month.